COVID-19 has been a difficult time for all of us. We understand that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care and are anxious to get back on track to maintaining your oral health. We also understand that you might be more anxious than usual to attend the dentist in a world that is still very much facing a pandemic.
At Disera Dental, a safe, secure and sterile environment has always been a key pillar of how we operate. We are here to ensure you that your health and safety will continue to remain one of our top priorities and we will continue to minimize any real or perceived risks of exposure to viruses or contagions.
The following process has been put in place to provide a safe dental experience.
Day Before Your Appointment
- You will be pre-screened on the phone for any COVID-19 symptoms.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please wait in your car or outside the office and call us before entering the office.
- You will be screened at the office entrance before entering and your temperature will be taken.
- ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office.
- Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We will suspend our coffee and water service.
- We ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- The public areas (including restrooms) will be cleaned and sterilized after each use and frequently throughout the day.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
Patients Showing Signs & Symptoms
- Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We are not accepting walk-ins at this time, please call for an appointment.
- All rooms will be completely sterilized before each patient is seated.
- All operatories have a high-volume air evacuation system.
- Our team will strictly follow guidelines and recommendations of the Provincial and Federal Public Health Agencies, the Provincial Regulatory Colleges and the Canadian Dental Association.
- Our dental team is equipped with protective equipment (PPE) required to perform treatments.
- Appropriate masks, face shields and gloves will be worn by everyone and changed between patients.
- All surfaces that came in contact with a patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair and where the patient placed their personal items.
- Barriers have been installed at the entrance of each room.
- Clear panels have been placed at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- We will offer credit or debit payment upon completion at the front desk.
- Our team will have their temperature checked twice per day.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution and want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We look forward to seeing you soon!